helps you improve the health of your dog(s).
(We think they deserve it)
Our Breeding Programs
- Help you decrease the incidence of genetic disorders in your breed (fast), and
- Limit the loss of genetic variation.
- Can include advanced DNA tests that help you accomplish difficult breeding goals.
- Consist of not just advice, but provide real guidance in accomplishing your goals.
Read more about how we can help to improve your breed's health.
Or contact us directly.
Our online Dog Health Diary
- Lets you document the most important health information of your dog, and
- Analyze trends with easy to understand progress charts.
- Lets you share and discuss the health progress with your vet, and
- Learn from the collective experiences of other dog owners and our health library.
Dog Health Diary is still in development and initially for dogs with diabetes only.
Read more on our plans. Or sign up for beta testing!
About First Friend
First Friend is me, René van den Ham. Veterinarian by education, I continued my career as a researcher. In my free time, I try to support dog breeders and owners in improving the health of their best friends.
To offer the best service and products available, I collaborate with experts and professionals from industry and universities. That is why I often say "we" when I refer to First Friend.You can find out more about me on my LinkedIn page. Feel free to send me an invitation too!